There are several types of membership in the CBHA/ACHA with different annual membership fees:
- Young Scholars/Students/Retired $25/year
- Business Executives $250/year
- Senior Academics/Archivists $100/year
- General Public $50/year
- Small Corporations
- Large Corporations
The benefits available vary according to the category of membership.
Benefits of membership can include:
- ALL membership levels include a one-year complimentary subscription to Canada's History magazine. Discover Canadian history as you’ve never seen it before. Each issue of Canada’s History is a treasure of Canadian stories waiting to be discovered — a mix of engaging features, columns, reviews and commentary plus historic photos, maps and illustrations. Canada's History is published six times a year.
- Full access to Members Only section of website with unique member id and password;
- Access to Conference, Seminar, and Symposium materials, including visuals and speaker contacts;
- Inclusion and access to membership list, including a complete personal member profile page (name, picture, professional designation, research interests, publications, associated memberships, etc.);
- Inclusion of corporate logos, identity, and links on the CBHA/ACHA website;
- Receipt of periodic newsletter;
- Discounts on leading journals and books in the field;
- Assistance and advice on corporate archival record management policies and setup;
- Job board for available positions in research and business;
- Priority invitations and membership discount pricing for all conferences, seminars, and symposiums;
- Access to member's research publications with discount pricing, and ability to list your research publications for other members.