Lectures & Presentations
The Canadian Business History Association - l'association canadienne pour l'histoire des affaires (CBHA/ACHA) presents public and member lectures on topics related to Canadian business history. These talks are archived on the CBHA/ACHA YouTube Channel.
The following lectures and presentations are available for viewing:
- Book Launch presentation for the CBHA/ACHA book Becoming 150: 150 Years of Canadian Business History presented by Mark S. Bonham at Massey College, University of Toronto, September 2018 - View HERE.
- Call of Empire: From the Highlands to Hindostan, a talk on the history of the East India Company, Mr. Charles Baillie, Former Chief Executive Officer, TD Bank Financial Group, January 2018 - View HERE.
- Tribute to the late Professors Chris Kobrak and Michael Bliss, Joe Martin, September 2017 - View HERE
- Book Launch: Finding John Rae, author Alice Jane Hamilton, April 2017 - View HERE
- A Conversation With Bay Street Legends: How Studying Canadian Business History Gave Us A Competitive Edge, Lynton R. (Red) Wilson, Tony Fell, David R. Smith, October 2016 - View HERE
- An Analysis of the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election, Don Newman, CM, November 2016 - View HERE
- Business Practitioners Reflect on Corporate Activity, A.R. (Sandy) Aird, James Arnett, and The Honourable Hal Jackman, May 2016 - View HERE
- Managing Cross-Border Responsibilities: Deutsche Bank, the United States and Social Reputation, Professor Chris Kobrak, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, May 2016 - View HERE
- Social Responsibility, Bloodshed at Seven Oaks, and the Merger of the Hudson's Bay and the North West Companies, Professor Joe Martin, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, May 2016 - View HERE
- The Canadian Supreme Court and the Redevelopment of Social Corporations, Mr. Justice Marshall Rothstein, Canadian Supreme Court (Retired), May 2016 - View HERE
- Canadian Financial Institutions: Reviewing their Global Amibitions and Corporate Social Policies, Mark S. Bonham, Senior Fellow - Massey College, University of Toronto, May 2016 - View HERE
- The State of Canadian Business History, University Professor Emeritus Douglas McCalla, May 2016 - View HERE
- The State of Canadian Business Archival Management, Dr. Amy Korczynski, Archivist, TD Financial Group, May 2016 - View HERE
- The State of Canadian Business Archival Management, Mr. M. Stephen Salmon, Library & Archives Canada (Retired), May 2016 - View HERE
- The 40-Year History of GUG - the German Business History Society, Ms. Andrea Schneider, President - GUG, May 2016 - View HERE